Artificial Intelligence & timelapse
Because the timelapse reveals the invisible, this technique is particularly subject to the use of artificial intelligence. Many features and objectives result from this and among them:
- detection of objects, people or animals through image recognition training and for counting, securing or blurring purposes.
- automatic and intelligent improvement of images: some tools such as Let’s Enhance allow to improve the resolution of images thanks to the SISR (single image super resolution) technology with Artificial Intelligence. You want to try ? It’s this way : https://letsenhance.io/
- smart prediction calculations for object/person tracking (source Tali Dekel):
- content creation : it is for example the transfer of style of an image: from photo it becomes drawing (https://deepart.io/) or the construction of a realistic photo from a very simple drawing and little detailed (https://techcrunch.com/2019/03/18/nvidia-ai-turns-sketches-into-photorealistic-landscapes-in-seconds/)
- automatic shooting according to certain scenarios: the Photobooth mode of the last smartphone of Google offers for example to automatically realize the best selfie
- selection of the best photos for the timelapse video generation thanks to intelligence algorithms specific to each application / tool.
- transformation of a standard video into slowmotion video thanks to the AI by interpolation of photos (source NVIDIA):
Some timelapse solutions already use artificial intelligence algorithms for the automatic calculation of photo parameters according to the scene, object / vehicle / person recognition, compliance with the GDPR through the anonymization of snapshots and blurring people, improving videos, selecting the best shots for videos to perfect rendition, etc.
Did you like the article? Feel free to share it!